Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

WHO are you?

I find that most struggling Believers have one thing in common: they do not know WHO they are.

We taught a 6 month series on "Your Identity in Christ." A lot of our material came from an excellent book called Victory Over the Darkness (Neil T. Anderson). And this past weekend our youth Pastor ministered to the congregation with the same message: Identity. If we begin understanding who we are in Christ, it allows us to understand that intimacy we have with Father God. I just wanted to share the Scriptures for YOU.

This is who YOU are:

I am God's child (John 1:12)
I have been justified (Romans 5:1)
I belong to God (1 Corinthians 6:20)
I am a member of Christ's Body (1 Corinthians 12:27)
I am assured all things work together for good (Romans 8:28)
I have confidence that God will perfect the work He’s begun in me (Philippians 1:6)
I am hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3)
I have been given a spirit of power, love and self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7)
I am holy and blameless (Ephesians 1:4)
I am adopted as his child (Ephesians 1:5)
I am in Him (Ephesians 1:7; 1 Corinthians 1:30)
I have redemption (Ephesians 1:8)
I am forgiven (Ephesians 1:8; Colossians 1:14)
I have hope and purpose (Ephesians 1:9, 12)
I am the salt and the light of the earth (Matthew 5:13-14)
I am a minister of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:17-20)
I am alive with Christ (Ephesians 2:5)
I am raised up and seated with Christ in the heavenly realms (Ephesians 2:6)
I am God's workmanship (Ephesians 2:10)
I have been brought near to God through Christ's blood (Ephesians 2:13)
I have peace (Ephesians 2:14)
I am a dwelling for the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 2:22)
I can approach God with freedom and confidence (Ephesians 3:12)
I can bring glory to God (Ephesians 3:21)
I can be humble, gentle, patient and lovingly tolerant of others (Ephesians 4:2)
I can forgive others (Ephesians 4:32)
I can understand what God's will is (Ephesians 5:17)
I can give thanks for everything (Ephesians 5:20)
I can honor God through marriage (Ephesians 5:22-33)
I can parent my children with composure (Ephesians 6:4)
I am not alone (Hebrews 13:5)
I am not in want (Philippians 4:19)
I possess the mind of Christ (I Corinthians 2:16)
I am promised a full life (John 10:10)
I am victorious (I John 5:4)
I am chosen and dearly loved (Colossians 3:12)
I am blameless (I Corinthians 1:8)
I am set free (Romans 8:2; John 8:32)
I am crucified with Christ (Galatians 2:20)
I am a light in the world (Matthew 5:14)
I am more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37)
I am the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21)
I am healed from sin (I Peter 2:24)
I am no longer condemned (Romans 8:1, 2)
I am not helpless (Philippians 4:13)
I am an overcomer (I John 4:4)
I am protected (John 10:28)
I am a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17)
I am victorious (1 Corinthians 15:57)

Want to take your relationship with Jesus Christ to the next level? Read these to yourself every day. Affirm WHO you are in Jesus. It'll change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment